Monday 30 April 2012

Writing reflection # 8

When we first started learning about the black put poetry I thought it would be super easy you have a million words to choose from and your story doesn't have to be any more than 5 words. But as soon as I looked at the news paper I had no idea where to start, there was a lot of words to select from, but they all could lead the story in a different direction. At the start I selected any words that stuck out to me, an joining words. I found it really hard to make a story, lots of the words that I had found popped out to me didn't go together and couldn't make a story, none of my stories are really long because I found it hard to make a whole different story out of the words in a story without summarizing. I found it easy to make all my stories about one topic though, even if they were happy stories I could still change them into a violent story ( which was my theme) that was the only easy part about this assignment otherwise I found it very difficult especially with the whole class being filled with the scent of sharpie ! I don’t think I could quite turn these black out poems into a career for myself, or even as a relaxing activity because I found there was a lot of thought that had to be put into it, but it was fun and entertaining to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment